Scaly wings, strange feeding habits and many eyes. What's it like being a butterfly? Enter their world In Sensational Butterflies and find out how these amazing insects sense their surroundings.
As you walk through the 5 sensory zones of sight, smell, taste, hearing and touch in the butterfly house, many different species of butterflies will flutter past you. Some may even land on you, so tread with care!
The exhibition is on the Museum's front lawn and features:
- a butterfly house filled with 100s of live butterflies and moths
- spectacular swallowtails, beautiful blue morphos, massive moths and more
- 5 sensory zones exploring how butterflies see, hear, taste, smell and touch
- fun interactive activities and colourful information panels inside the house
- your own sensational butterfly chart to get stamped at sensory zones
- hatchery windows to observe emerging butterflies and pupae
- our first ever butterfly puddle where male butterflies gather to feed
- an outdoor garden with tips on how to attract butterflies at home
- great gifts for butterfly fans in our shop
Adults and children of all ages will enjoy this exhibition.
Sensational Butterflies - 12 April to 11 September
Adult £3.50, Child and concessions £3.50
Family £12 Free to Members, Patrons and children aged 3 and under.
Visit http://www.nhm.ac.uk for more info